Friday, November 12, 2010

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder - Twilight Zone reaction

In the beginning I thought it was kind of weird and boring, and I couldn't see where it was going. Then when they started pulling of the bandages on her face, I thought the experiment "worked", but then someone in the class said that she was gonna be really pretty and all the nurses and doctors were gonna be ugly, so I wasn't really surprised at the end. Yes, I do think beauty is subjective, in different cultures and in different times beauty could be considered something completely different than what we think beauty is here and today. Yes I do think beauty changes, because 60 years ago girls of different body shape were considered beautiful, than the girls considered beautiful today. Here in Kimberly, beautiful is tan skin, longer hair, lots of make-up, the right kind of clothes, like the boots with fur, for girls. Guys who are attractive are guys who are tan, tall, buff.

No comments:

Post a Comment